Thursday, May 17, 2012

"I was lost but now I'm found"

"I was lost and found
I had run around
I was lost but now I'm found"
-Judas Priest

You may wonder why I chose to start with that piece of lyric from a song by Judas Priest??!! Well....I have been gone but now I'm back.  I took some time off to be with family and work on myself and my health.

It all began back in November when I started to get sick just about every few days.  After about a month of it, I decided enough was enough and it was time to get checked out.  I know many of you can relate as Mothers when I say, we never really put ourselves first!  This time I had no choice.  I figured if I'm not well how can I be the best Wife, Mother and Virtual Assistant I can be?!  Long story short; my platelet levels were extremely high  and I found out I have been extremely anemic, probably my entire life - never knew!! The good news is that that is something that is treatable!! So since then I have been taking care of myself and going to my follow appointments so I can stay on track!

So now I'm back, I recognized a problem and I took the steps necessary to be healthy which should always be #1 no matter what profession you do in life; stay at home Mom, corporate mogul or a work at home Mom.  We all tend to want to be superwoman but I found it is okay to admit that I am not.  By taking care of myself I am now able to successfully fill my roles which I love so dearly.  I am proud to say I am a HEALTHY; Wife, Mother of 2 and Virtual Assistant!!

So that is my sch-peal, I hope you enjoyed a little of my journey for the past few months - more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment